[gollem] Gollem 1.1-cvs & WebDAV support

Nicolas Gorguès gorni at siloh.fr
Fri Mar 28 11:44:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm running Gollem 1.1-cvs on Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1 RC3.

Strangely, /test.php reports the pear package HTTP_WebDAV_Server, while
/gollem/test.php doesn't. I tried to install the package globally, which
didn't change anything.

Anyway, the WebDAV protocol does seem to work, accessing it through
dav://server.domain.com/rpc.php/gollem
(is there any better way to access the Horde DAV interface?)

Unfortunately, the FTP backends (hordeauth true mapped with unix user
accounts) just disappear from DAV folders list when attempting to browse
them.
For further testing, I created a file backend (accessed through the
www-data account on the unix side), which was properly browsable through
WebDAV.

Investigating further, I found this interesting comment in
/gollem/lib/api.php (301):

        //if (!Gollem::canAutoLogin($backend_key)) {
        //    // FIXME: Is it possible to request secondary authentication
        //    // credentials here for backends that require it?
        //    return PEAR::raiseError(_("Additional authentication
required."));
        //

So... Is it possible...?

And the big question behind is: would it be possible to use Horde and
Gollem to set up true multi-users WebDAV repositories? (which would be a
big point over Apache+mod_dav)

Regards,

Nicolas Gorgues.

--