[gollem] Gollem 1.1-cvs & WebDAV support

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 28 16:21:18 UTC 2008

Zitat von Nicolas Gorguès <gorni at siloh.fr>:

>> I guess this still has to be found out. :) But as far I understand,
>> this should only be necessary if autologin aka hordeauth does *not*
>> work. But you said you have set it up like this. So the problems seems
>> to be anywhere else.
>
> Yes, hordeauth does properly work for my ftp backend through the Gollem
> web interface...
> I'm glad to learn that it is also supposed to work through WebDAV...
> Even if I don't really know where to investigate to workaround the
> problem on my installation. It may not be a permission problem, since
> other DAV folders (in kronolith, nag, or turba) also disappear the same

Well, then it's not related to Gollem at all. If you don't find
anything in your log files, you have to debug this on your own, I'm
afraid.

> way when trying to browse them... And I never managed to get something
> as readable as this:
> http://www.horde.org/papers/bostonphp2007-03/graphics/webdav.png
> (instead of names, I get objects IDs)

This is more likely an issue with your WebDAV browser. Most browsers
don't display the human readable name provided with the directory
listings, unfortunately.

> Could you confirm that the correct way to access the Horde WebDAV
> folders is to point the DAV client
> to http://server.domain.com/rpc.php/ ? I find that out looking at the
> /rpc.php code, but there is very few documentations about how to use
> WebDAV features for now (obviously, I understand that it is bleeding
> edge features).

That's correct, yes. Patches to improve the documentation are welcome.

> Last but not least, trying to access the ftp backend though
> http://server.domain.com/services/obrowser, I got the error message
> below... Any idea?

Please file a bug for that.

Jan.