[gollem] Multi-User VFS SQL Sharing

David Cunningham davec at mecnet.net
Fri May 2 12:45:10 UTC 2008

I have still not seen any responses to my question below.  Any help
would be great, especially from Jan.

Thanks,

Dave

Quoting David Cunningham <davec at mecnet.net>:

> Hi All,
>
> I have searched through the archives, and I just don't see what I am
> looking for here.  Sorry if I am repeating a post.
>
> I am using horde 3.1.5-cvs and gollem 1.0.4-cvs.
>
> I also have the same problem with gollem 1.0.3 with horde 3.2-RC1 from
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition... and various other versions of both.
>   It's the same issue.
>
> Basically, I need the file storage to be sharable just like
> addressbooks, calendars, etc.
>
> When the user logs in for the first time, I need it to create a home
> directory for that user and default into that home directory.  I also
> need the user to be able to go back to "root" and see a list of other
> users shared home directories.  My config below does everything
> correctly to that point.
>
> However, things stop working after that.
>
> When a file is uploaded (or when the user home directory is created),
> the "owner " field is not populated.  So, there is no ownership.
> Also, you cannot use CHMOD to change permissions.  When you check
> something and drop to chmod, the little chmod screen opens up.  But,
> none of the options are clickable.
>
> I have tried this is many different browsers.
>
> The current setup allows people to upload to their folders and go back
> to the root and view other people's folders.  But, it does not allow
> the changing of permissions.  So, everyone can always view everyone
> elses folders.  I had to change my config to make the "root" the
> user's home directory so that they could not see eachother's folders.
> But, that defeats half the purpose.
>
> I also tried using the "permissions" section of the administration
> options.  But, this just seems to lock it down more.  It does not
> allow the end user to edit his own permissions through the interface.
>
> So, I guess, I just need someone to tell me the correct way to
> configure this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

// This backend specifies a home directory and root directory in a SQL vfs.
$backends['sqlhome'] = array(
     'name' => 'SQL Server with home',
     'driver' => 'sql',
     'preferred' => '',
     'hordeauth' => full,
     'params' => array_merge($GLOBALS['conf']['sql'], array('table' =>
'horde_vfs')),

     'loginparams' => array(),
     'home' => '/home/' . Auth::getAuth(),
     'createhome' => true,
     'quota' => '1 GB',
     'clipboard' => false,
     'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'download', 'modified',
'size', 'permission', 'owner'),
);