[gollem] unable to write VFS file

jotace juanca2711 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 19:42:45 UTC 2009

Joël Vandal <jvandal <at> infoteck.qc.ca> writes:

> Hi,
> > I have a error when uploading any file, alwalys show me the following message
> > "Unable to write VFS file (copy() failed)".
> > These are the permissions for the directory:
> > # ls -l /var/www/
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2008-12-30 19:46 horde-vfs-home
> >
> Change ownership of the horde-vfs-home directory from root to apache (or
> the user that run apache).
>
> Or "less" secure, you can do a chmod a+w /var/www/horde-vfs-home/

Now I can upload files, I had to change the owner of the horde-vfs-home
directory to apache user (www-data), and now every user can see the files of
another user, what do I have to do in order to users only can see their own
files and directories.

This is my configuration of backends.php :
$backends['file'] = array(
    'name' => 'Disco Virtual Cablenet',
    'driver' => 'file',
    'preferred' => '',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'params' => array(
        'vfsroot' => '/var/www/horde-vfs-home',
    ),
    'loginparams' => array(),
    'createhome' => true,
    // 'permissions' => $conf['umask'],
    // 'filter' => '^regex$',
    // 'quota' => false,
    'clipboard' => true,
    'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'download', 'modified', 'size',
'permission', 'owner', 'group')
);