[gollem] suexec with apache

Mark Hedges hedges at scriptdolphin.org
Fri Mar 13 18:47:44 UTC 2009

I got suexec in Apache2 to the point that it seemed like it
would work with this config:

    UserDir enabled *
    UserDir disabled root
    UserDir public_html
    AliasMatch ^/~([^/]+)/horde/ /usr/share/horde/
    Alias /horde/ /usr/share/horde/
    <Directory '/usr/share/horde'>
        Options Indexes MultiViews +ExecCGI
        SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
        Order Deny,Allow
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

Doing http://myhost.com/horde/ works great (not suexec.)

When I do http://myhost.com/~test/horde/ it infinitely
redirects to /index.php, then /index.php/index.php, then
/index.php/index.php/index.php, etc.  Same happens if I try
login.php - it goes to index.php and then loops.

Any clues?  I got nothing informative in the log except the
redirects.  Is there a way to get more debugging info that I
don't know about?

The wiki says "use suexec" and a prior thread says "if you
figure it out contribute to the wiki" but I don't know if
this is actually possible.

Has anyone ever made direct file access work without giving
apache permissions to everyone's files?

Thanks,
Mark