[gollem] gollem file backend

stefan at webmail.pub.ro stefan at webmail.pub.ro
Tue May 12 07:58:53 UTC 2009

Hi

nice to meet you guys, and obviously, I have a problem.
For the last four days I tried to understand why file backend for
gollem doesn't work. In fact, sometimes work, sometimes not.
This is the configuration in backends.php

  $backends['file'] = array(
     'name' => 'Disk',
     'driver' => 'file',
     'preferred' => '',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'params' => array(
         // The base location under which the user home directories live.
         'vfsroot' => '/home/vfs/',
         // The default permissions to set for newly created folders and files.
         // 'permissions' => $conf['umask']
     ),
     'loginparams' => array(),
    'root' => '/' . Auth::getAuth(),
     'home' => '/' . Auth::getAuth(),
     'createhome' => true,
     // 'filter' => '^regex$',
//    'quota' => '500 MB',
     'clipboard' => true,
     'attributes' => array('type', 'name', 'edit', 'download',
'modified', 'size', 'permission', 'owner', 'group')
);

It worked for several hours. Everything was ok and I was happy. But,
after those hours I've received "There are no backends available for
the current user."

I tried to remember my lasts changes, undo them, but nothing. I
reinstalled another horde, another gollem, it worked. It seems
sessionhandler type memcache was the problem. I set it to none and it
worked. For one day.
After that, same error. I installed gollem-FRAMEWORK, even
gollem-HEAD. On my pristine horde install, because now I have two, one
production and one for testing, when I configure cache driver (this
time) "none" works, with memcache doesn't. On my main install doesn't
work neither with none or memcache.

Thank for reading,
Stefan