[gollem] Cannot create home directory: Unable to create VFS directory "".

Tom Adriaensen tom.adriaensen at hivset.be
Tue Jun 9 15:59:45 UTC 2009

I'm migrating horde from one server (Fedora 9) to another (Centos 5).
With the first server  I can access a ftp directory on a IIS server.
With the new server, I have a lot of troubles.
I always get this error:

    * Cannot create home directory: Unable to create VFS directory "".
    * Permission denied to folder "/": Unable to change to /.

What can I do about it?
I've checked the firewalls, no problem.
Manual connecting to the ftp directory from the server, no problem.
In the ftp logs a see a logon and a CWD, so the connection to the ftp
server can be made.

A new install gave me the error, so I tried copying the current install.
Still the same.
I've tried upgrading and downgrading, PHP, Pear and horde itself. Also
the same.
I've tried it with a ftp server and later with a smb, still the same
problem.

Google and the mailing list don't give me a clue.
Anyone can give me a hint in this puzzle?

Kind regards
Tom