[gollem] Basic Gollem-Samba config

Andy Clyde me at andyclyde.com
Thu Jun 28 14:06:57 UTC 2012

Apologies if this is not the right place for this question.

Using gollem 2.0.2, horde 4.0.15.

I'm really struggling to get even basic communication between horde and
smb. My (basic) smb installation is working as I can access it via the
command-line:
[] smbclient //localhost/sharename -U username

I can't seem to find the find config to get gollem to talk to my smb
share. Currently I have in gollem/config/backends.local.php:
$backends['smb'] = array(
     // Disabled by default
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'SMB Server',
     'driver' => 'smb',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'port' => 139,
         'share' => 'sharename',
         // Path to the smbclient executable.
         'smbclient' => '/usr/bin/smbclient',
         // IP address of server (only needed if hostname is different from
         // NetBIOS name).
         // 'ipaddress' => '127.0.0.1',
         // The default permissions to set for newly created folders and
         // files.
         // 'permissions' => '750'
     ),
     'loginparams' => array(
         // Allow the user to change to Samba server.
         // 'hostspec' => 'Hostname',
         // Allow the user to change the Samba port.
         // 'port' => 'Port',
         // Allow the user to change the Samba share.
         // 'share' => 'Share',
     ),
     // 'root' => '',
     // 'home' => '',