[gollem] Gollem 3.0.0 RC1 issue

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Sat Dec 29 20:05:04 UTC 2012

>>> This doesn't make sense, first you say you use FTP, at the end you
>>> say you configured VFS to use SQL.
>>
>> Administration>Configuration>Horde>Virtual File Storage:  SQL
>> Database with Horde Defaults.
>>
>> I have no idea what in my configuration is using VFS as I don't use
>> virtual anything in Horde.  When I setup gollem, I was getting the
>> gollem_vfs error above, which I assume is related to the Horde VFS
>> Setting.  I am using vsftp for the gollem backend, no idea why
>> gollem is throwing an error that SEEMS to be VFS related.
>
> Gollem uses the VFS library for everything backend related. You
> don't setup the backends in the Horde VFS configuration but in
> Gollem's backends(.local).php. Did you read backends.php?

Of course.  I can actually remove backends.php entirely and I have the
following in my backends.local.php.  No reference to vfs and I've no
idea why gollem is trying to use it.

<?php

// This backend uses Horde credentials to automatically log in.
$backends['hordeftp'] = array(
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'FTP Server',
     'driver' => 'ftp',
     'hordeauth' => true,
     'params' => array(
         'hostspec' => 'localhost',
         'port' => 21,
         'pasv' => false,
     ),
     'loginparams' => array(
     ),
     'attributes' => array(
         'type',
         'name',
         'edit',
         'download',
         'modified',
         'size',
         'permission',
         'owner',
         'group'
     )
);

That's it.  No reference to vfs or anything, yet I will get the vfs
error unless I modify the view.php as I mentioned above.  The full
error is:

A fatal error has occurred
Unable to open VFS file.

1. Horde_Vfs_Ftp->readStream() /var/www/html/horde-new/gollem/view.php:42

Details
The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown
below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see
error details.

Horde_Vfs_Exception Object
(
     [details] =>
     [logged] => 1
     [_logLevel:protected] => 0
     [message:protected] => Unable to open VFS file.
     [string:Exception:private] =>
     [code:protected] => 0
     [file:protected] => /usr/share/pear/Horde/Vfs/Ftp.php
     [line:protected] => 207
     [trace:Exception:private] => Array
         (
             [0] => Array
                 (
                     [file] => /var/www/html/horde-new/gollem/view.php
                     [line] => 42
                     [function] => readStream
                     [class] => Horde_Vfs_Ftp
                     [type] => ->