[gollem] How to Connect to an SFTP backend?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jul 10 14:40:41 UTC 2013

Zitat von Paul Hudson <phudson1442 at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>

>> If you didn't change the admin settings and if you don't want everybody on
>> the internet to be able to run arbitrary code on your server: YES!
>>
>> But that doesn't have anything to do with loading the backend
>> configuration.
>>

> So, I just decided to switch to mysql authentication and create some users.
>  Once I did that and logged in, the backend configuration and "User not
> authorized for gollem" error went away.  Seems like something in the
> default "Automatic authentication" was not good enough for gollem!
>
> So now I am able to login to SSH2, but I am uncertain how to set 'root' and
> 'home' in the backends.local.php file.  Our SFTP automatically directs
> users to their home dir based on their login.  So I would think I should
> set both root and home to an empty string or perhaps "/".  However, when I
> do either of those, I get this error in the lower right corner:
>
> *Cannot create home directory: Unable to create VFS directory ""*
> *
> *
> I have 'createhome' set to false, so I'm not sure why it is even trying.
>  But I am unclear what the root is at this point.  Is the File Manager GUI
> supposed to show any folder hierarchy?  It just says "There are no files in
> this folder".  I created some folders and files and they showed up on the
> server, but i was just aiming in the dark.  From a user's perspective, I
> really had no idea where they were going.
>

> Thanks for your help so far.  I appreciate it!

Does your server chroot the users into their home directories, or is
this just the default starting folder?

'root' is for setting the highest directory level a user should be
able to get to, from the client's perspective, e.g. '/home' if the ftp
client has access to the full file system.
'home' is for setting the start folder, or home folder. You can leave
it empty to use the server's default.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project