[gollem] Dropbox-type file sharing

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 10:56:25 UTC 2014

> I don't think a solution should involve an external cloud solution. When
>  gollem has the file, gollem has the file. So if externals should access
> this content via a hash link, gollem would need to provide a hash
> generation and storage and some UI for this.

I agree on principle, but this type of solution could have advantages:
mainly, your recipients download speed isn't restricted by your upload
bandwidth. If you live in a country where you're lucky if you get crappy
ADSL with 1Mb/s uplink for your whole company, this becomes important.

But then again, to have a decent, non-hacked-together solution, even using
a remote server should still be managed transparently from Gollem. Not one
I'll be able to help with I fear: no habla php, or at least not enough to
understand Horde - even if it's one of the better organized PHP application
I happened to install :-)

Roberto