[gollem] gollem not working with groupware webmail 5.1.3

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 3 09:10:12 UTC 2014

Zitat von Narendra Mehta <Narendra.Mehta at sce.carleton.ca>:

> Jan Schneider wrote, On 24/02/2014 8:38 AM:
>>
>> Zitat von Narendra Mehta <Narendra.Mehta at sce.carleton.ca>:

>>>    Sorry, typo.  The file is backends.local.php.  In both
>>> backends.php and backends.local.php, I have the same settings as
>>> above.  I expected the "name" parameters string to at least show up in
>>> the menu.  Even with backends.local.php removed (and restarting web
>>> service), it the same behaviour.
>>
>> The backends are displayed in the menu after a successful authentication
>> to Gollem. If your backend require authentication, then you will be
>> authenticated to Gollem only after authenticating to at least one of the
>> backends.

>>>    The configuration screen shows SQL DB schema and Applications are
>>> both ready for all components.  Since Horde 3 is still working on the
>>> same machine with the same configuration, I thought different db
>>> schema for Gollem may be the problem.  I even tried uninstalling
>>> Gollem and re-installing it (with pear), no luck.  I also extracted
>>> the gollem-3.0.1.tgz so see if there any upgrade script.
>>
>> Are you saying you are using the same database for both Horde 3 and
>> Horde 5? This of course won't work and chances are that your table data
>> is completely corrupted now, if you really did  this.
>
> 	No!  I dumped the Horde 3 database  and reloaded it into Horde 5
> with a different name, different user and different password.  The
> old Horde 3 installation is still working (and Horde 5 installation,
> except for Gollem).  If I wipe out Gollem database in Horde 5 and
> re-install Gollem only, would it re-create the table?  Don't know
> what else to try.

You don't need to reinstall Gollem, just re-run the database
migration. Either via horde-db-migrate, or via the adminstration
interface.

>>>    There is also a line "2014-02-14T14:22:47-05:00 NOTICE: HORDE User
>>> is not authorized for gollem [pid 22564 on line 306 of
>>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php"]" in the log file.  I have
>>> searched for this string in the mailing list and Google, but none of
>>> the suggested solutions work or in most cases the thread had never
>>> been resolved.
>>
>> Well you aren't authenticated to Gollem, so this message makes perfect
>> sense.
>

> 	I did not have to authenticate to Gollem in Horde 3, so I do not
> understand what wrong with Horde 5 install.  In my Horde 3
> configuration when a user clicks on File Manager, it gives the user
> the FTP login screen and not the Gollem login screen as is done with
> Horde 5 Groupware Webmail.

If you have an FTP backend configured, then of course you need to
authenticate. Unless you configured transparent authentication to that
backend. See the 'hordeauth' configuration parameter.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project