[gollem] Access to shared directories

Florian Schmidt florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com
Fri May 2 14:29:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Florian Schmidt <florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com>:
>
>  On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Zitat von Florian Schmidt <florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com>:

>>> The root folder of what/who?
>>>

>> the root folder of the logged in user and the root folder which is hared
>> with me by another user. what I do not see, is the folder, which is shared
>> with me, of a third user. Basically, I do not manage to access shared
>> folders directly via the Horde webinterface unless directly the root
>> folder
>> was shared with me.
>>

> Well, you see the whole directory structure that has been shared with you,
> not a flat list of individual folders.
>
> If user A shares /foo/bar and /foo/baz, user B will see /userA, below that
> /userA/foo, below that /userA/foo/bar and /userA/foo/baz etc.

That is what I expected, but in my case the following happens (assume the
example with user A and B):

user B in the example does not see anything of user A. if user B manually
manipulates the url to /userA then not the shared folders are shown, but
the message "Access denied to folder userA" and then automatically /userB
folder is shown.
If user b manually manipulates the url to /userA/foo/bar then this  shared
folder is shown as expected.

Do you have any idea what could cause this behavior? Can I provide any
other info to tackle the issue further down? (I am using the latest Horde
stable release on Ubuntu LTS 12, Apache 2.2, mysql database, Gollem stores
files on the local drive)