[hermes]It looks cool in screenshots,

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Dec 31 07:51:58 PST 2002

Quoting Matthew Bradford <mbradford at mytechi.com>:

> But that seems to be all I can see of it.  I have horde, imp, and turba
> all installed and working fine, but I can't seem to get hermes to work at
> all. it shows the icon at the bottom of the page, but when I click on it
> it tells me there is no conf.php.  Which, well, there isn't.  I just got
> it from CVS today. I have the conf.xml, but that certainly can't be what
> it is looking for can it?

3. Configuring Hermes.

   To configure Hermes, change to the config/ directory of the
   installed distribution, and make copies of all of the configuration
   "dist" files without the "dist" suffix:

      cd config/
      for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done

   Documentation on the format of those files can be found in each
   file.

   The files in config/ need only be modified if you wish
   to customize Hermes's appearance or behavior, as the defaults will
   be correct for most sites.

   You must then login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
   configuration of Hermes.  Use the Horde "Administration" menu item to get
   the the Administration page, and then on the click on the "Configuration"
   icon to get the Configuration page.  Select "Time Tracking" from the
   selection list of applications, and click on the "Configure" button.  Fill
   in or change any configuration values as needed.  When done click on
   "Generate Time Tracking Configuration" to generate the conf.php file.  If
   your web server doesn't have write permissions to the Hermes configuration
   directory or file, it will not be able to write the file.  In this case, cut
   and paste the returned configuration information into the file
   hermes/config/conf.php.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."