Fwd: Re: [hermes]It looks cool in screenshots,

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Dec 31 09:00:41 PST 2002

I'm not sure what's supposed to be "obviously wrong" about telling you how
to generate conf.php from conf.xml.

----- Forwarded message from mbradford at mytechi.com -----
    Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:53:31 -0500
    From: Matthew Bradford <mbradford at mytechi.com>
 Subject: Re: [hermes]It looks cool in screenshots,
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

While I do appreciate your quote from the INSTALL file, that file is obviously
wrong.  When I leave all of it alone it gives me a fatal error saying that it is
missing conf.php.  It is quite specific as to what it wants.  It will not run
with a blank conf.php file either.  It complains about undefined classes then.

Any ideas that don't come in a manual?  (Because, believe me... I have read it)

> Quoting Matthew Bradford <mbradford at mytechi.com>:
>
> > But that seems to be all I can see of it.  I have horde, imp, and turba
> > all installed and working fine, but I can't seem to get hermes to work at
> > all. it shows the icon at the bottom of the page, but when I click on it
> > it tells me there is no conf.php.  Which, well, there isn't.  I just got
> > it from CVS today. I have the conf.xml, but that certainly can't be what
> > it is looking for can it?
>
> 3. Configuring Hermes.
>
>    To configure Hermes, change to the config/ directory of the
>    installed distribution, and make copies of all of the configuration
>    "dist" files without the "dist" suffix:
>
>       cd config/
>       for foo in *.dist; do cp $foo `basename $foo .dist`; done
>
>    Documentation on the format of those files can be found in each
>    file.
>
>    The files in config/ need only be modified if you wish
>    to customize Hermes's appearance or behavior, as the defaults will
>    be correct for most sites.
>
>    You must then login to Horde as a Horde Administrator to finish the
>    configuration of Hermes.  Use the Horde "Administration" menu item to
> get
>    the the Administration page, and then on the click on the
> "Configuration"
>    icon to get the Configuration page.  Select "Time Tracking" from the
>    selection list of applications, and click on the "Configure" button.
> Fill
>    in or change any configuration values as needed.  When done click on
>    "Generate Time Tracking Configuration" to generate the conf.php file.
> If
>    your web server doesn't have write permissions to the Hermes
> configuration
>    directory or file, it will not be able to write the file.  In this case,
> cut
>    and paste the returned configuration information into the file
>    hermes/config/conf.php.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> "People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
>  - Google, thanks to Harpers

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck