[hermes] Making clients

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Mon Jul 14 17:55:26 PDT 2003

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> Someone here mentioned that they were looking into handling the clients
> stuff (getting clients from a turba addressbook).  I don't recall who that
> was.
>
> That's the next piece I need.  What's the status?

Well so far all I've got is:

* a Turba addressbook (must contain at least a key and a name field)
* an API call gets the list of clients and a new field in the Whups editmodule
form allows the user to attach one or more contacts from that addressbook to a
module
* when that form is submitted Whups creates links (using the Links API) between
the module and each selected client

Is that broadly what you had in mind?

If that makes sense I'll send through some patches to the Whups list once it's
all been cleaned up a bit (hopefully today). Then I imagine you could apply the
same approach on the Hermes side?

thanks,

bo.