[hermes] [patch] Select client instead of client:job

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Thu Aug 7 17:25:46 PDT 2003

> > This patch replaces the client:job fields with client fields, so the user
> > just selects the client and work type.  Projects should be done with links
> > to whups modules and/or tickets in the future.  Hermes no longer depends on
> > whups.
>
> Cool, committed, thanks. This will all shape up eventually. :)

yep I can see how the client:job thing was getting a bit out of control for
Hermes users (especially when you might have projects with lots of clients).
Links to modules or tickets (probably the latter) would make sense to me for
managing projects.

speaking of which, is there any interest in restarting the discussion about
project management in general within Horde? As people have noted recently it
seems like some combination of Whups, Hermes, Turba and Nag (maybe also
Kronolith, Moment, Gollem + others?) could provide a really solid basis for
managing projects. People have raised this a few times but I'm still unclear
about what that combination would be exactly!

bo.