[hermes] howto add Hermes to horde 2.2.4

harbell at beer.com harbell at beer.com
Wed Jan 14 11:50:23 PST 2004

Can anyone tell me how to add hermes to horde? My horde install seems to be circa June 2003, by looking at file publishing dates.

If the quick answer is 'No, you have to run HEAD...', then what I'm looking for is how to add it -- e.g. which files to replace, add, etc.  Basically I've added the hermes file tree, imported sql data, created a registry stanza, but no icon appears within horde.

BTW, this whole horde thing is becomming a bear, seeing that no upgrade scripts have ever been made available. The idea of "oh, you want to add a module? Well, then you need to completely reinstall the whole framework!" is rediculous at best.  I'm using an open source website CMS system, and when they release *anything* it's accompanied by SQL update scripts and change logs. This is in stark contrast to horde, who has never published sql changes. /rant

Anyway, it would be nice to use hermes if somebody has a cookbook.

Thanks
-Jason