[hermes] Postgers database problem (hermes_jobtypes_seq)

Josh Endries jendries at pragmeta.com
Wed Feb 11 13:40:31 PST 2004

Hi all,

I just installed Hermes in a new CVS installation of Horde, and I'm getting
errors from Postgres when I try to add a Job Type. This is what I'm seeing
in the log:

Feb 11 15:14:35 horde postgres[27194]: [4-1] ERROR:  relation
"hermes_jobtypes_seq" does not exist
Feb 11 15:14:35 horde postgres[27194]: [4-2] STATEMENT:  SELECT
NEXTVAL('hermes_jobtypes_seq')

I did a grep through the code (horde/hermes and framework) and didn't see
any "jobtypes_seq" in there at all. Nor did I find any references to
"nextval", so I'm not sure what to make of this. When I originally set up
the tables for Hermes, I merged hermes.sql then
update_clientjob_pgsql.sql, hopefully this was the right thing to do. :)
It looks like some sort of Postgres problem, has anyone out there ran into
this or successfully used pgsql with Hermes?

Thanks,
Josh