[hermes] Re: Hermes exports

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Fri Apr 2 18:02:13 PST 2004

Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no>:

> Hi,
>
> I've been tinkering a bit with hermes/search.php in an effort to get the
> exports working. Here's a quick patch.

No patch was attached.

> Attached is a patch against cvs for fixing search.php (wich I like a lot
> better than the older export interface) and an updated version og the
> excel datadriver. Please include it in CVS for now as I do not have time
> to generate a proper Horde_Data driver for this at the moment. This one
> works quite well for me.

I'm glad you like the new interface.  I'm cleaning up the interface
some more--
  I'm making a common Horde_UI_Table:: class to render tables like the search
results.  It will have an export icon in the header, and there will be some
standard Horde code for exports of these, including choosing which fields,
whether to show headers, what to sort and group by.  Perhaps eventually saving
export profiles.  Well, that may a bit ambitious; my immediate goal is to get
Horde_UI_Table:: working with the export icon.

> Also, my firm is considering different invoicing solutions at the
> moment. One is to use Horde. To be able to do that, we'll need to be
> able to add hours to projects as well as  clients, and also to be able
> to define different prices for different hours in different currencys.

Have you looked at thor?  It is a Horde application in it's early stages (but
still useful).  One of it's goals is to fill the Microsoft Project space.  We
plan to use it here, and one of my task-list items is to allow selection of a
thor project to bill to if thor is configured.

I'm not sure how different currencies would work, since I don't deal with
different ones much, but I'd be happy to see hermes support them.

> There's a lot more to it than that, but if you think it sounds cool to
> let hermes go in this direction, I would like to do some of the work. If
> not, I'll have to find another app for the job.

Look at hermes/doc/TODO for more ideas of what I have planned.  I don't have
access to it right now, but I think I put everything from our internal
software roadmap in there.

--
  Jason M. Felice
  Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>