[hermes] Re: [whups] Clients

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Fri Oct 8 12:06:39 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 11:28:51AM -0700, mbydalek at mobilemini.com wrote:
> The dropdown of client imo is probably not a good way to do it because
> of potential situations where someone would have a lot of clients.  An
> alternative to choose clients could be a pop-up (like IMP's addressbook)
> with a way to easily select All Clients.  The better way would be to have
> the option of selecting clients, or toggle something to just say "Any
> Client" in the system.

I've had some complaints on the size of the clients drop-down in Hermes
here.  My suggestion (which I like, but have not yet implmented), is to
keep 10 most-recently-used clients + "Other Client..." in a drop down.
Selecting "Other Client..." will trigger a pop-up, and the selected
client will move to the top of the MRU client list.

We have a couple hundred clients, but when entering time, I generally
won't deal with more than five or six in a week, so this was a really
useful way to cut down on the client list without needing to maintain an
'active' flag.

It'd probably be useful to generalize this to other places.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>