Fwd: Re: [hermes] New user _almost_ working

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 5 08:46:38 PST 2004

----- Forwarded message from bofh at essig.com -----
    Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:47:23 -0500
    From: Brian Kennedy <bofh at essig.com>
 Subject: Re: [hermes] New user _almost_ working
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

       oh.. and documentation.   You dont happen to have some started
already for me to expand on, do you?   I have to get some
documentation thrown together by monday.  :)

Brian Kennedy wrote:    finally getting around to saying thanks. :)
It wasnt that I had cookies disabled, it was just that some machines
didnt resolve the same name for the server so for some the cookie was
irretrievable.

I've got the office happily submitting their time via Hermes now and
the admin happy with how she can pull the time out.

Next step is why we went with it to begin with.  the customization.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get code back to you, I'm in the
middle of a lot of procedure upgrades to support doubling the size of
the company, but I'll make as much of it as general purpose as I can
and send in.   I believe I will be ticking off some TODO:

- If Thor is configured, allow user to bill time to a project.
- Add support for managing "time pools" such as vacation time and
sick days.  - will be based on the Thor project.  the project will
have a time pool.

expansions to time searching to expand it into reports.  By project,
time left in pools, etc. etc.

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote: Quoting Brian Kennedy :

I'm setting up to use Hermes for time tracking.

I have one last problem I havent been able to track down though.
When I "Submit Selected Time" it doesnt. :)   I get a login prompt
instead.

It's not logging me out as the menu frame remains and I can nav
elsewhere or even back to Time Tracking with no login, it's just the
login prompt in the main frame.

Should be fixed now. Bet you're not using cookies? :)

-chuck

--

	[2]

Address:

Phone:
 Brian Kennedy
IT Director
497 Circle Freeway Drive, Suite 236
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246-1257
513-942-7100

Links:
------
[2] http://essig.com

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
"But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams