[hermes] Newbie Questions

Douglas Spicer dspicer at AestusSoftware.com
Wed Dec 1 17:25:33 PST 2004

Hello All (or vast dark wasteland of people's deleted items folders),
The screen shot for the Hermes application looks sharp and I'd like to install it.

Is there really no stable release available?  (The Hermes folder at the ftp site is empty.)
Is anyone working on it?
Do I really have to install WHUPS alongside it? (I don't want to - more overhead)
Do I have to install the Horde framework?  It would appear so.

Last, and most importantly, does anyone know of an application that IS available which would serve as a sharp, clever, minimalist way to handle a law firm's time and billing?  PHP and MySQL are definitely the way to go.

There doesn't seem to be a useable application out there that isn't expensive and over-the-top with crap (to justify the high expense).  I appreciate any insights you (all?) have to offer.