[hermes] Re: just testing - export is confusing

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Feb 25 12:39:23 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 15:19 -0500, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> >> I could even see an extension to the horde_sidebar where you had
> >> 'stop/start' button on 'default' form...somewhat of a timeslips keeper
> >> tool.
> > ----
> > one more thought on this - I am assuming that Chuck and Jan monitor this
> > list and I suppose that this might break the api of the horde project
> > itself...
>
> Doubtful. You could dynamically include start/stop buttons in the menu
> with the tree_menu style blocks.
>
> > If a user set a preference, a separate small window (ala compose mail)
> > would pop up upon login/logoff that showed any 'open' timekeeper. This
> > window would simply list elements such as 'client' 'project'
> > 'description' 'start time' 'stop time' and have start/stop buttons as
> > well. This would seem to be entirely useful to professionals such as
> > accountants, lawyers, programmers etc.
>
> That too. But there's no problem putting such things into the menu.
----
perhaps it's the result of some 'unfinished' coding but the dynamics of
the menu and the sidebar seem confusing - i.e. reference the changes to
imp folder to monitor for new mail - varying 'refresh' times in horde
preferences, etc.

It seems that if someone had started a 'timekeeper' (trying to put a
label on this) and it were running, the menu (or sidebar) might not
accurately reflect the current state at all times.

That was my primary motivation for suggesting a separate window.

I did think that the idea of a 'timekeeper' would be a relatively
popular and simple implementation.

Of course I say this but we know that I don't know that much about the
details and can only guess at the directions of the horde project as a
whole without mentioning that it's obvious that my programming skills
are minuscule compared to everyone else who has contributed code to
horde projects.

Craig