[hermes] Re: Hermes & Invoicing

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Mon Mar 14 06:18:55 PST 2005

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:
>

>>I'm working out the invoicing stuff, and I'm posting this patch for
>>feedback... mostly from Chuck, since I know he's looking for
>>invoicing (but, feedback from anybody is welcome).
>>
>>How does this look for invoice table structure?
>>

>Pretty good. A few things:
>
>Why both note and description for items?
>What are batches?
>Is the idea that you can *either* do rate and hours, or amount, for an item?
>If so, I'd recommend removing the NOT NULL from amount, and not putting
>amount directly into the table if rate and hours are specified. Less to
>keep in sync that way.

I can imagine us on occasion providing hours and total, but not rate.
We prefer fixed bid, and if we put a lot of effort in, we might want to
show the client that we lost our shirt on a job even though we do not
want to commit to a rate.

On the other hand, we don't want invoices that don't add up.

OK, so, if rate AND hours are provided, amount is not allowed.  If
amount is provided, either rate and/or hours must be empty.  That'll work.

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>