[hermes] Re: upgrading from an older version to a newer version

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Mon Apr 11 04:51:41 PDT 2005

Barsalou wrote:

>I am in the process of upgrading an older head version (which doesn't
>have the deliverables table) and a newer version.
>
>In my zeal to get the newer version running, the old data was not
>initially imported.
>
>What are some alternatives for me to move the data from the old data
>structure to the new one?
>
>I am concerned that the new structure will require data that doesn't
>exist in the old structure and when I import the old data, it will make
>it unusable.  Is this a valid concern?
>
>I'm no expert at determining weather not the import will break the new
>install.  What are the gotcha's?
>
>All the new tables currently exist...if that matters.
>
>Thanks for any direction you may provide.
>
>Mike B.

In this case, there is a new column "deliverable_id" in the
hermes_timeslices table, but this column can be null.  So you can
probably run an SQL statement like so:

INSERT INTO hermes_timeslices ( timeslice_id, clientjob_id, employee_id,
jobtype_id, timeslice_hours, timeslice_rate, timeslice_isbillable,
timeslice_date, timeslice_description, timeslice_note,
timeslice_submitted, timeslice_exported, deliverable_id ) SELECT
timeslice_id, clientjob_id, employee_id, jobtype_id, timeslice_hours,
timeslice_rate, timeslice_isbillable, timeslice_date,
timeslice_description, timeslice_note, timeslice_submitted,
timeslice_exported, NULL AS deliverable_id FROM old_hermes_timeslice_table;

Alternately, you can restore the old database and use the upgrade script
in hermes/scripts/upgrade/

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>