[hermes] how to enable clients

Robin Rainton robin at rainton.com
Wed Aug 3 16:39:04 PDT 2005

Apparantly there is some hermes setting which tells it which address book to
take clients from. I don't recall the name, but managed to work it out
from the
comments in the config file.

I was looking at this yesterday to be honest. I'd like to reduce the number of
clients in that drop down list and someone suggested setting up a separate
address book for that.

Problem with that idea is that it has to be done by an admin and leads to a
non-standard install. I'd prefer to add an 'is client' checkbox to the Turba
address book config, and have Hermes look at that. Or perhaps take names that
are in a specific Turba list?

Alternativly, if Turba could let users create as many address books as
they like
and have Hermes use one of those, guess that would be another nice solution?

Any thoughts? I'm liking the use a list option right now for easy/quick fix.

Rob