[hermes] Timesheet Management

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 06:46:25 PDT 2006

Hi all,
   I am having a good time with horde framework and associated
projects. I have already installed and configured horde applications
like turba,whups,sesha,kronolith etc.. Now I am trying to figure out
whether I could use Hermes for my firm. I have made a test install and
the installation was successful(thanks to the well structured horde
module management). I played with Hermes and found that, it needs some
enhancements in the UI level.
   I like to use Hermes only for Timesheet management, so features
like Invoicing are not being used. We have some managerial staff(not
admins)  who wants to view the timesheets of the all the employees in
his/her team. When these people logon they should be able to get the
timesheets per user/per day and per project basis. Currently these
features are included in the _Search_ section but it's tedious to
search these information.
    Another feature is that employees should be able to view the
submitted(in my firm timeslice submission doesn't make sense)
timeslices within a single click.
    I am sure that all the above features are implemented in _Search_
section of hermes, but the issue is that, in our firm, most of the
employees are non-technical, so they find it difficult to see & manage
timesheets.
   It will also be nice if we could add projects from *thor* as Cost
Objects to Hermes. I think we can also make use of Minerva(Invoicing
module) for invoicing functionality.
   I don't know if somebody is working on the above said features. I
would like to get the reviews of developers about these features. If
you people find it good, then I can start working on it.

regards
Manilal