[hermes] Timesheet Management

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 22:56:54 PDT 2006

On 21/06/06, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Manilal K M <libregeek at gmail.com>:
>
> >   I like to use Hermes only for Timesheet management, so features
> > like Invoicing are not being used.
>
> Yup, they can be removed entirely one Minerva is ready.
>
> > We have some managerial staff(not
> > admins)  who wants to view the timesheets of the all the employees in
> > his/her team. When these people logon they should be able to get the
> > timesheets per user/per day and per project basis. Currently these
> > features are included in the _Search_ section but it's tedious to
> > search these information.
>
> Yes, that can be improved.
>
> >    Another feature is that employees should be able to view the
> > submitted(in my firm timeslice submission doesn't make sense)
> > timeslices within a single click.
>
> Okay.
>
> >    I am sure that all the above features are implemented in _Search_
> > section of hermes, but the issue is that, in our firm, most of the
> > employees are non-technical, so they find it difficult to see & manage
> > timesheets.
>
> So basically you're looking at taking that functionality and adding
> some shortcuts for it. Something like a Horde Portal-style dashboard
> for Hermes with customizable blocks might be great - if you could
> write a Horde_Block or several for hermes for these search shortcuts,
> it'd be very flexible in how everyone could use them.

Exactly. This is what I meant. Actually I was unaware of the Horde
Blocks. I thought of re-using the code written for Search. But now I
think Horde_Block makes more sense. However I have to learn more about
Horde_Blocks :). Is there any documentation other than
http://dev.horde.org/api/framework/Horde_Block/Horde_Block.html which
I can refer ?

> >   It will also be nice if we could add projects from *thor* as Cost
> > Objects to Hermes.
>
> Sure. Should just need adding it to Thor.
>
> >   I don't know if somebody is working on the above said features. I
> > would like to get the reviews of developers about these features. If
> > you people find it good, then I can start working on it.
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> "we are plastered to the windshield of the bus that is time." - Chris
> --

thanks for your suggestions.
regards
Manilal