[hermes] How do I create a "Project" in Hermes?

Charles charles at montour.net
Thu Sep 28 10:48:49 PDT 2006

> > 1) How do I create a project to bill against?  We don't need/use
> > tickets, so I don't want to involve Whups if I don't have to.   I do
> > not have whups installed.
>
> You can create Deliverables in Hermes for this, and you can use Nag
> tasks as well.

I'm an idiot.  I've known that for quite some time.  Therefore I'm forced to ask
the obvious: Where can I create Deliverable in Hermes?  I didn't see anything in
the GUI.  I looked in hermes/config for a possible handle there and in
hermes/scripts/sql for a possible script that I could execute externally.  The
hermes_deliverables table structure makes sense, I guess I could just write a
script to populate manually.

> > 2) Would the project created in #1 be the "Cost Object" and show up
> > in the Cost Object drop-down?
>
> Yes.

Cool.

> > 3( I don't see any option to export submitted time as CSV.  I'm
> > logged in as an administrator.   I have Hermes permissions (Time
> > Tracking, Deliverables, Time Review) set wide open for "All
> > Authenticated Users" until I figure this out.  Here's what I see on
> > the button bar:
>
> Search for some time, and then you can export it.

Chuck, I read this response quickly and got quite a laugh - I thought it was a
sarcastic remark ("search for a while and I'll find it").  I then figured out
what you meant!  the young grasshoppa thanks you.