[hermes] Client List (Again)

Gary Taylor gary at garydtaylor.co.uk
Sat Dec 9 10:55:17 PST 2006

Hi all,
	Please can you help me, I think I may be going mad.

I am new to horde and am generally loving it apart from trying to
resolve this issue with using a central address book for clients.
I have been through the archives and can see that alot of people also
have had the issue.  But whenever I follow the advice given in the
archives, I am still not getting the results.

I have only 2 users - 'Administrator' and 'gary.taylor' whilst I am
testing.

I have tried sharing an address book and specifying this address book
in the "Name of client address book' in turba.  For example,
'localsql:Administrator' or 'localsql:3daef1234d2.....'.
When I do this, it works for gary.taylor but not Administrator (get
the famous message ' There are no clients to which you have access to').

So, I then went down the other route where I copy the turba_objects
table and called it turba_clients.  I then edited sources.php and
copied the entry for 'localsql' and then modified this to use the new
table.
I then changed the 'Name of client address book' to this new source
(called it localsql_client).
This worked for Administrator but not gary.taylor.

I think I understand what I am doing with the permissions.  I have
edited permissions for the address book that I created.  I enabled
access for every single person, guest, group etc... Just to make sure
I would have no permissions problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gary