[hermes] Question about Job Type in Hermes

Sasikala P A gnuwings at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:43:32 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> Zitat von Sasikala P A <gnuwings at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello all,
> >   I have been experimenting with hermes, and was confused with some of
> > the terminology. I know that these are very basic doubts, but somebody
> > please help me to do a good start in this cool application.
> >   I was confused withe field *Job Type* and not sure what value I
> > should supply here.
>
> I usually use job types like Consulting, Development, Administration,
> Accounting, etc. But you can use whatever you want.
>
> > Is it possible to relate the job type with the clients ?
>
> No.
>
> > Is it possible(or any plans) to specify billable/non-billable in the
> > deliverable ?
>
> No, but it sounds reasonable.
>
> > I tried creating some deliverable in the admin section. But the layout
> > in the drop down is absolutely broken. I have uploaded the screenshot
> > here. Please compare between the two screenshots.
> >
> > http://librewings.blogspot.com/2007/04/hermes-screenshot.html
> >
> > Actually I have created sub deliverable just below *Business
> > Applications* but everything is broken.
> > If this is a bug I can report in the horde bug tracking tool.
>
> I fail to see how this is broken. But if you can give a clearer
> description, please enter a report in the tracker.

Hope you have looked at the two images in the link provided earlier.
Actually I have created a deliverable called "Business Application"
and then created two another sub deliverable called "VRM" and "CRM"
just below Business application. But when I accessed the drop-down in
the "new Time" page, In between the sub deliverable VRM and CRM
another main-deliverable called "Human Resources" .

I have one more doubt: I wish to add some jobs like *Idle Time*,
*Employee Casual Leave*, *Employee Medical leave* , into the hermes. I
have to track how much hours employees spend on these activities, but
of course need not be added to the total hours worked. I am wondering
whether this could be done in hermes.? I am using the latest version
from CVS.

I am an absolute beginner in horde, please help me to resolve this
issue. If I could get Hermes working for our organization, then I will
be glad to prepare a complete user manual for this tool.

regards
Sasikala.
--
http://librewings.blogspot.com/