[horde] HEAD: auth method?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Nov 3 07:44:57 PST 2000

Quoting The Hermit Hacker <scrappy at hub.org>:

> Haven't come across anything in the docs that are in CVS yet (if I missed
> it, please just point me to it) ... how is auth implemented in HEAD?  For
> instance, is there any common-auth module, so tha logins can be based,
> say, on the IMAP userid?  so, I could login as IMP< and it would use that
> userid/passwd for turba, for kronolith, for ... etc?

Take a look at horde/lib/Auth.php (and the horde/lib/Auth/ subdirectory). It's
not exactly what you describe, but it's a start at having a common
authentication mechanism, which could then be shared among horde apps. It will
probably stay seperate from your IMP login, however, since for most apps we
don't need to keep a password around in the session, and there's also no reason
to make people use their IMAP password for a Horde login.

It needs some work, and I've got a feature list for it, but it's a start, at
least. If you're interested in working on it, just say what you want.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Many states consider gambling so immoral that they not only prohibit private