HORDE/IMP + LDAP?

Ray Jackson Ray.Jackson at cern.ch
Mon Nov 6 03:35:12 PST 2000

Hi all,

We are looking at using IMP as a web interface to our mail service here
at CERN.  We are using UW IMAP, sendmail 8.11 with message routing via
LDAP.  In fact we are trying to make LDAP the master source of data for
all our messenging services.  So my question is... Is it possible to
store all data required by IMP/HORDE on an LDAP server?  I don't really
want to use a local database i.e. MySQL as all of our user profiles etc.
are already on LDAP.  If it is possible to use only LDAP with IMP could
somebody give me some pointers on how this is done.  I tried playing
with IMP for a couple of days but without knowing what IMP is trying to
do with LDAP i'm really stuck here.

PS. I compiled PHP with imap and ldap support and created a phplibdata
object class on our LDAP server with the attributes 'cn' and 'str' and
followed all the instructions in the README's... but i'm still getting
an error "Session_ldap failed: Session: freeze() failed.".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Ray.