[horde] Problems with imap x pop

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Nov 22 13:01:32 PST 2000

Quoting fabricio de Oliveira Delocco <jaguar at intermega.com.br>:

> They watch their emails at home and get them here with pop, The problem
> is that some of these email get stuck in webmail and do not come when
> they pop their account. One of our users has a 0 bytes archive in
> /var/spool/mail/user but the webmail shows some messages.
>
> Is there another place imp or imap puts the archive?
>
> PS: This happens only to a few and specific users, other are running fine.

This sounds like something that can happen with the UW-imap server when you have
the mbox driver compiled in. If a user has the file $HOME/mbox, then the server
will move all mail to that file when you check your mail via imap. If you remove
the file, it will stop moving it there.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the chicken!" - Baby Bl