Bug for script/database/dbpasswd.sh

Liguo Song liguo.song@vanderbilt.edu
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:46:33 -0600

When installing the horde-1.2.3-1 and imp-2.2.3-1 rpms on my Red Hat 7.0
box, I met the following problem when I tried to run
script/database/dapasswd.sh:

	ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "'"
	bash: password change failed; aborting.

After spending some time look at that script file, I noticed that the
following line

    psql -qc "ALTER USER $IMP_USER WITH PASSWORD '$IMP_PASS';" template1

should be changed to
    psql -qc "ALTER USER $IMP_USER WITH PASSWORD $IMP_PASS;" template1

(Removing the ' around $IMP_PASS).

Not sure this is a big problem or not. After changing to this, it works.

I am not on the list, so please reply to me if you have any comments.

Thanks for you time.

Liguo