[horde] phpGroupWare + Horde

Dan Kuykendall dan at kuykendall.org
Thu Jan 25 19:13:46 PST 2001

> > Thats the plan. It does seem to be a public assumption that horde is at
> > a standstill. As you say it might be totally false.
>
> Obviously some different public. Anyhow, if you're done with slagging
> us on our mailing list, might I suggest we go back to working on our
> respective projects?

I wasnt trying to degrade you guys at all. Im trying to explain what I
had thought. I am glad I am wrong, because that means that Horde will
continue to improve and will innovate and sinces its all GPL/LGPL php
code we will be able to learn from some of your features. Likewise you
will be able to learn and get ideas from us.

> Er, weren't *you* the one suggesting collaboration, or at least
> coexistence? Who has time to worry about competing?

OK, compete/coexist. Same difference. The concept is that we will both
learn from eachothers project and therefore both improve. I dont mean
compete as in only one project will survive. Thats nonsense.

> > Anyways you hadnt answered the most important part. That being any kind
> > of partnership between our two projects.
>
> I don't think that's a possibility.

Why do you say that? Are you guys not even willing to consider working
with other projects? Even for some kind of app compatibility layer?

Seek3r