[horde] Introduction

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Jan 30 07:28:43 PST 2001

Quoting Michael and Michele Dean <mdean at kcnet.com>:

> >> 2.  Enhance DCL and use a seed for WHUPS

> Personally, I would like #2 a little more since I'm the only
> contributing developer for the last 18+ months.

Okay, I feel dense, but I'm going to have to ask you to clarify this. Does this
mean that you think we should:

a). Take a snapshot of DCL, use it as a seed for WHUPS, and go our seperate
ways?

b). Migrate DCL to use the Horde framework, and have it as the bug-
tracking/ticket/etc. app for Horde (thus deprecating WHUPS)?

c). Something else I'm not catching?

> > I personally think the FAQ system should be implemented as a separate
> > Horde module.  I can think of a number of situations where a site
> > might want its functionality without the additional ticket tracking
> > overhead.
> >
> > The bug tracker / task manager could then in turn integrate with the
> > FAQ system, Chora, neither, or both.
>
> I agree with this 100%.  The FAQ in DCL as it stands right now is not
> integrated with anything, but is functional enough to input and browse.
> I got sidetracked implementing call tickets when I started it, so that's
> why it's not hooked into anything yet.  But the way it is in DCL
> currently would allow it to be hooked into any other area as needed.
> The first place I was going to integrate it into was products.

So, it sounds like one of the first things to do either way we go is to split
the FAQ stuff out and make it into a standalone, integrateable module.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
Entropy. It's what's for dinner.