[horde] IMP setup error.

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Thu Feb 8 09:36:15 PST 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Ry Jones <rjones at airgap.net> wrote:

> I am installing IMP and HORDE and when I test the sessions
> (test.php3?mode=phplib-horde) I get this error:
>
> Warning: variable key 1 doesn't exist in /usr/local/apache/php/ct_shm.inc on
> line 79

Hmmm... your shared memory in PHP is not working correctly, and as a
result the PHPLIB session data can't be stored, so nothing will work.  Can
you give us a few more details:

- version of Red Hat you're running
- version of Horde/IMP you're trying to use
- version of Apache and PHP you're using
- how PHP was compiled (as DSO or static) for Apache; the exact
command-line would be useful to compare

> What am I doing wrong? I broke down and installed the RPMS instead of the
> tarballs and it still doesn't work.

If you were going to use RPMs you would probably have to use Horde, IMP,
*and PHP* RPMs, if not Apache RPMs.  Just replacing Horde/IMP with RPMs
won't do it, because I suspect there's something amiss with the way your
PHP is compiled.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org>