[horde] Fatal error: Call to undefined function: shm_attach() in /usr/local/php/ct_shm.inc on line 31

WebWiz webwiz at atlcon.net
Sun Mar 4 19:10:10 PST 2001

I thnk Dan nailed it.

I downloaded the newest arvin RPMs (from http://rpms.arvin.dk/php),
including

php-4.0.4pl1-8.arvin.i686.rpm
php-imap-4.0.4pl1-8.arvin.i686.rpm
php-mysql-4.0.4pl1-8.arvin.i686.rpm
php-sysv-4.0.4pl1-8.arvin.i686.rpm

(I originally found the Arvin RPMs from a link in the documentation on
http://www.php.net.  I couldn't find my way back to them when I was trying
to get IMAP to work, which is how I wound up with the odd Mandrake IMAP
RPM.)

I upgraded php-4.0.4pl1-8, replaced the weird Mandrake php-imap with this
one, and installed php-sysv, and now everything works fine using Shared
Memory.

In all honesty, though, I think I'll switch back to mySQL, as using a
database to track the sessions seems a more elegant approach.  I just like
knowing that there's a solution to the other problem.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Regards,
Eric Longman
Atl-Connect Internet Services

| Atl-Connect Internet Services   http://www.atlcon.net |
| 3600 Dallas Hwy Ste 230-288              770 590-0888 |
| Marietta, GA 30064-1685            support at atlcon.net |