[horde] building apache with php

Keith A. Chayer kchayer@bbcnet.edu
Sat Mar 10 02:33:29 PST 2001

Quoting Dan Brown <danb35@earthlink.net>:

> "Keith A. Chayer" wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiosity: I understand the i386 directory, but I've never
> > understood what the "noarch" stands for.  What's it mean?
>
> 	It mean "no architecture", and is used for things (like PHP scripts)
> that aren't dependent on any particular architecture (like x86, alpha,
> sparc, mips, etc.).  Nothing in horde/imp depends on any particular
> platform, so noarch is the appropriate designation.

Call me a moron; I thought about it a bit and realized that after I'd sent my
message.  Never occured to me before, but now...heh.  Thanks for the info.

..Keith

Keith A. Chayer                                         Baptist Bible College
Network Technician                                         Springfield, MO
           .--.
 ::\`--._,'.::.`._.--'/::      "Ready?  For 800 years have I trained Jedi.
 ::::.  ` __::__ '  .::::      My own council will I keep on who is ready."