error with mysql configuration

Abid Ghufran abidghufran at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 07:57:29 PST 2001

Dear Brent and All,

I am working with mysql for preferences and session storage. When i try to
run the mysql command (to setup the database and the tables) at the the
prompt i get this error:

Error 2002: Cant connect to local MYSQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'

I dont have any such file as mysql.sock at the specified location. And
becuase of this i am unble to get my database working. My machine is the
host at which i have my Apache, MYSQL server and client, Horde 1.2, IMP 2.2,
PHP4 and all other related rpms (which is how i got the environment).

Wonder what could be the reason. Shall be online waiting for the replies.

Abid Ghufran.