Browser prompts me to download the index.php3 file

Derek Colley derek at netsimple.net
Wed Apr 11 14:36:44 PDT 2001

Hi,

I have a Cobalt Qube3 (includes php-4.0.1-C7q3) with the following apache
settings:

httpd.conf:
LoadModule php4_module    modules/libphp4.so
AddModule  mod_php4.c

srm.conf:
AddType application/x-httpd-php4 .php .php3

I added the .php3 to the AddType line in an attempt to get Horde
(http://www.horde.org) and IMP (http://www.horde.org/imp) to work. When I
browse to the URL I get prompted to download the index.php3 file.

I know the Qube3 comes with its own WebMail solution, but I'm trying to get
IMP working on this box as a facility for another mail server. I also don't
want to mess with the Qube's config too much (i.e. I don't want to have to
rebuild apache and php as the box is still under warranty).

Other things I have tried:
Renaming the .php3 files to .php - the scripts insist that setup.php(3) is
readable. Not so! I think this is a php<3 problem and the message is a red
herring, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Derek