Strange "There was an error sending your message"

Otto Kekäläinen otto.kekalainen at tumsan.fi
Wed Apr 18 09:39:30 PDT 2001

Until now, everything has worked nicely. As far as I know, nobody has even touched sendmail or the IMP-installation, but now suddently, we are unable to send email due to a very strange problem.

When I compose a message and try to send it, the error message "There was an error sending your message" appears. I searched the FAQs and old mailinglists, but did not find anything. To me, there is no apparent reason why the mail sending fails: sendmail works and the IMP-installation is unchanged.

Funny though, when I switch to another language between writing a e-mail and trying to send it, the following error message appears: "Warning: Undefined index: Send Message in /home/snowblazer/horde/imp/compose.php3 on line 248".

Looking at the html-sourcecode, the actionIDs are litteral (words), not numeral. How does this work in several languages?

--
<input notab type="submit" name="actionID" value="Save Draft">
<input notab type="submit" name="actionID" value="Send Message" onClick="return submit_and_sign(document.compose);">

IMP-version is 2.2.3 and it runs on linux/apache/php4

Otto Kekäläinen