[horde] docs on methods used in the framework

Nico Galoppo scratch at ace.ulyssis.org
Thu Apr 19 13:50:19 PDT 2001

--* Chuck Hagenbuch (Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 10:16:23AM -0400) *--

> Okay. This might be a good starting point, depending on what you already know:
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop.php

Thanks, it seems I did know that much of OOP already ;) The PHP specific
comments on the bottom on the page are helpful though..

> factory() and singleton() are used to get a specific Prefs instance; the
> difference is that singleton() makes sure that there's only ever one instance
> with the same parameters (saves object creation sometimes). add(), retrieve(),
> and store() are all overridden by the specific implementations.

I'm especially intrigues by the factory() function. Is it called by the
Prefs constructor, or do you have to call it explicitely? (OK, I admit,
I'm lazy, I should read the code).

--nico

--
nico galoppo   -   tremelo/leuven, belgium
               -   erasmus/socrates student in grenoble, france