[horde] libphp

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Tue Jun 12 08:12:24 PDT 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Cedric Janssens <informatic at femarbel-ferubel.be> wrote:

> I'd like to know if it is possible to install horde and IMP when you
> are not root of the system ?

You're going to face a lot of hurdles.  :-)  Your PHP looks like it has
what you need.  The first thing you must have is the ability to add Apache
directives for the portion of the web tree that you have access to;
that's how you would set the PHP include_path to include PHPLIB, and
that's how you would fix the magic_quotes stuff.

Most administrators will probably be uncomfortable giving you that
ability.  Do you know if you have it?  Otherwise I think you're out of
luck.

> I've installed horde, but don't understand how to install phplib
> without be root...

You would just leave it as horde/phplib right where it is now.  The key is
getting the include_path to find it.  The next step is going to be where
to store your PHPLIB session data... do you have rights to the MySQL
database on that server?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN