[horde] Upgrading horde & imp

Sean Murphy murphys at Teltec.DCU.IE
Mon Jun 18 06:55:43 PDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Brent J. Nordquist wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Sean Murphy <murphys at Teltec.DCU.IE> wrote:
>
> > This is for IMP. I meant that it would be useful to be able to see what
> > version of *horde* I have installed, so I can see if it is necessary to
> > upgrade horde as well as IMP.
>
> Ah, sorry; I misunderstood.  Well, in the 2.2.x series, the Horde version
> must be lock-stepped with the IMP version; so when you upgrade IMP you
> must upgrade Horde to the parallel version.

Ok. I didn't see this stated anywhere.

> For 2.3.x, I feel that horde/test.php provides all the information a sys.
> admin. would need; do all the versions really need to be visible on the
> pages that users see?

Sure. But I only installed horde to run IMP. I'm not familiar with horde
per se. I installed it some time ago and forgot about test.php.

I just felt that it was a small change that would have benefitted me (and
perhaps others) and it costs little to implement. It's also consistent
with the (default) appearance of IMP. I don't think it's bad if the users
see it.

Sean.

-----
Sean Murphy,                    Email: sean.murphy at teltec.dcu.ie
Teltec Ireland,                 Phone: +353-1-7005080
DCU, Dublin 9,                  Fax:   +353-1-7005092
Ireland.