problems with latest cvs horde and mysql...prefs are not saved!

Yavuz Aydin y.aydin at networxolutions.com
Mon Jul 30 16:04:44 PDT 2001

Hello there,

I got some problems with horde (and imp) and mysql. I have installed horde and
imp on 2 other computers without any problem. I am talking about the CVS
versions of horde and imp.

All my installations are on Cobalt RAQ4 server appliances. One working
installation has PHP 4.0.5, another working installation has PHP 4.0.4pl1. The
installation that doesn't work has PHP 4.0.6 and the CVS version of horde and
imp of the 31st July 2001. I cannot remember when I did install the others (the
working ones), but I do update 1 of the working installs frequently (the one
with PHP 4.0.5).

Oh yeah, not to forget, my problem is that PHP does not write anything to the
database. I have configured the database correctly (I think).

..../horde/config/horde.php contains:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

// Any parameters that the preferences driver needs. This includes
// database or ldap server, username/password to connect with, etc.
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = 'mypassword';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

The database exists, the user can connect to it and make the tables that are
necessary.

Could it be that PHP 4.0.6 does not work exactly as it should work with horde/imp?

If you need more info I will provide it.

With regards,

Yavuz Aydin