[horde] setup db errors

Joseph Kacmarcik joe at chubbo.net
Mon Sep 17 17:29:03 PDT 2001

most definitely. (:

you will need to add user priviliges for hordemgr on the horde database.

the short of it will be:

mysql -u root -p

mysql> grant usage on horde.* to hordemgr at localhost identified by 'password';

mysql> grant all privileges on horde.* to hordemgr at localhost;

mysql> quit

from there, you need to put in the password for hordemgr in any config files in the horde framework to use the database. (horde, imp, turba, etc)

i'd suggest reading the mysql documentation if you're not familiar with these commands. http://www.mysql.com/documentation.

good luck!
joe