CVS install & Pear

Christopher B. King cbking2 at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 12 14:32:40 PST 2001

I installed horde imp and turba friday night from cvs. I then downloaded the
leatest version of pear (pear-4.0.7RC3.tar.gz) and used the following steps
to install it.
decompressed the archieve to /root/pear-4.0.7RC3
backed up my old php directory to /usr/local/lib/php.bak
copied /root/pear-4.0.7RC3 to /usr/local/lib/php
I believe this is the correct method to accomplish this.
When I go test.php is says that my version of pear is not recent enough.
Since I seem to have an issue about connecting to mysql I though it best to
get this resolved first. I get a message in mysql log about  a connection
error that I think may be a dns or host issue. I will post this once I get
this error resolved. Thanks from a new user..

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
-- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment
Corp.,
1977

Christopher B. King
IT Manager